By Anand Lila devi dasi
• 2 big (500 g) sweet potatoes
• 1 Tsp chat masala
• 1 Tsp salt (reduce to 1/2 Tsp if chat masala already has salt in it)
• 11/2 Tsp cumin powder
• 1/2 Tsp amchur powder
• 1/2 Tsp yellow asafetida powder
• 1/2 Tsp ground black pepper
• 1/2 Tsp red chili powder
• 1 Tbsp lemon juice
1. Wash and pat dry the sweet potatoes. Place them on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated oven at 400 F/200 C for 30-40 minutes or until the skin is charred and inside is tender but firm.
2. Cool the sweet potatoes for 10 minutes and peel off the skin. Cut them in chunks.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine the sweet potatoes and all the spices and toss well. Serve hot or warm.